Lip-Smackin’ BBQ Sandwich
Recipe Courtesy of: Chef Jessica
This sandwich is full of down-home BBQ flavor, and can be made with any of your favorite veggie meat substitute. Serve on big fluffy sandwich or Kaiser rolls along with chopped fresh onions, hearty dill pickle slices, crisp lettuce leaves, or whatever other toppings tickle your fancy. It’s an easy way to get peppery barbecue flavor without ever firing up a grill!
- sandwich rolls
- 8 oz
- seitan or other veggie meat, cut into ½-1” strips
- ½ c
- Vegenaise Gourmet® Barbecue Fry Sauce
- yellow onion, sliced into ¼” strips
- sweet bell pepper, cut into ¼” strips
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T
- high-heat cooking oil such as canola Splash soy sauce for deglazing (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Pickle slices, onions, lettuce, deli mustard, or other toppings
Preheat a heavy-bottomed nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add oil and sauté onions and peppers, stirring often, until onions are slightly translucent. Add veggie meat and cook until just browned. Add garlic and cook a minute more, then add a splash of soy sauce or water to deglaze. Turn off heat and transfer to a bowl. Wait a few minutes for mixture to cool, and then add Vegenaise Gourmet® Barbecue Fry Sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and taste for salt. Serve on sandwich rolls with toppings of your choice.